Who I am
Hi, I’m Athena Brewer! I started The Seattle Center for Child Counseling.
I'm a child therapist.
I work exclusively with children, ages 4 to 12 years old, and their parents.
Who I help
I help parents who are feeling increasingly frustrated by their child. Your child may have:
- issues with anger
- a hard time relating to peers
- problems paying attention in school
- going through big changes at home
How I help
My goal is to help your child feel confident, loved, and happy.
Instead of acting out, your child can learn to talk about what they need.
Instead of withdrawing, they can cope.
Will it work?
I know from my experience supporting hundreds of children that even children facing serious obstacles can make significant changes with the support of therapy.
And some more details about me
- Licensed Couples and Family Therapist (MFT) in two states, California and Washington
- Trained at:
- The Los Angeles Center for Child Development
- St Mary's Medical Center for adolescents in San Francisco
- Foster Family Treatment Center in Los Angeles
- Former director of The Trevor Project, a national crisis and suicide prevention center for LGBTQ youth
- Parent-Child Relationships
- Advanced training:
- Play therapy
- Dialectical-Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Psychodynamic psychotherapy for children and teens with severe mental health issues
- Crisis and suicide prevention for young people
Free 15 min phone consultation
Wondering if play therapy could help your child? Sign up for a free 15 min phone consultation with me!
Email me at email@example.com. Tell me about your child's situation and include some times you can talk.
Call me at 206-886-8733 and leave me a voice mail with some times you can talk.